Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Maybe, this wasn't such a good idea....

I decided that my house totally needed a slide.  I've been begging Chris all weekend and he kept saying no. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. This is what happens when I get bored.
This is what I came home to:

This is from looking up

This is from looking down


Now you may notice that there is a wall there at the bottom. This will come into play later.
So I went down stairs to the basement and grabbed all of our boxes, put them together and created a slide.
This is what Chris came home to:

This is the view point of looking up

This is the view point of looking down

This is my "soft" landing

So in theory this is an awesome slide!!! 

Here is test run #1 (I hope these videos work. Notice my awesome home made helmet?! Yeah it's an Angry Bird Pig!!):




Yeah....The stairs were a little steeper than I thought they were.  
So after a few "adjustments" Here is test run #2:




Yeah the "soft" landing really wasn't soft, but it did save my head from going through the wall, and the "adjustments" didn't hold up either. (Awesome! You can totally see that we still have our Christmas tree up! I think we'll keep it up until December 24th then take it down ;) )

Needless to say, Kiara was not allowed to ride on the big kid slide. But this was wicked fun! I went on it a few more times before I had to leave for my first baseball game.  In the end Chris and I ended up destroying it, apparently it was too complicated to get up the stairs. *Sigh* I knew I should have borrowed my dad's rope and made a pulley system to pull us up.

So note to self: Next time I build a slide make certain the stairs aren't really steep, and maybe cut a hole in the wall.

Some wives do dishes and make dinner for their husbands.  Well, I do dishes and make awesome deathafying slides for mine!!! Chris totally appreciated it! 



3 comments:

  1. OMG! I don't know how I missed seeing this sooner! hahahaha I love you.
    Seriously, you've made my day! my week! damn, let's just call it a year! you have made my year! Video #2 was my favorite... the big "OH!" at the end... oh gosh, I wish I could've been there for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I had to watch it again! I love how you have to zip your jacket up before going down the slide! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I had to "gear" myself up for the trip down ;)I'm glad you loved it. Chris and I are thinking about making a homemade slip'n slide sometime! I'm way stoked!

      Delete