Monday, April 8, 2013

That beeping computer!

So I come into work and try turning on my computer.  Well everything starts to run, except for my monitor.  It stays black. Like night time black.  Like that 'oh crap I think I broke it' black. So I'm trying to see what's wrong (because I'm such an expert at computers....the big rectangle on the floor is humming and this little one on the desk isn't letting me get on facebook...hmmm...there is definitely a problem here.) So I start moving wires around finding the ones that connect the big rectangle to the little one and seeing if they are in tight, they all were. While I was looking at the big rectangle on the floor I noticed a red blinking light and I suddenly think "Duck and Cover! She's gonna blow!" (yes, I actually stood back a little ways and before I touched any wires I poked it with my pen....because my pen will save me from an explosion....?....I don't think I thought that all the way through at the time) So I put in a work order, via phone, for those magician genius IT guys who know everything about computers and the little aliens that cause viruses (You know what?...sorry tangent...but wouldn't it be funny if one of the IT guys said "Sorry this isn't a virus it's a bacterial infection, and we don't have the antibiotics it needs!"...I'm just sayin'....I would laugh (see that's why I'm not in that group, they would probably banish me for lame jokes like that. Even though I thought it was freaking hilarious)) So this was about 8:10 AM.  I understand work just started so it's going to take a while for them to get up here.  So I finish all my work that doesn't require a computer, it's now 8:30....crap.  So I decide to re-organize my desk, finally finished it's now 9 AM.  Still nothing from the tech guys.  Well I decided, because my boss isn't here today, to cover my bosses phone with rubber bands! Because that would be hilarious when she got back and was like "What?! Where is my phone?!" and then I'll bounce it to her because I made a giant phone rubber band ball.  So I got on the first 5 rubber bands on and then I realized that I do not have the attention span to do a trick this intricate today. Besides the rubber made my hands all sticky and gross feeling.  So I left the phone alone then decided eh I should still make a rubber band ball, a small one though.  Has anyone ever made one of those frickin things and made them perfectly round?! (I mean without a machine helping them out) I made mine and first of all it's a pain the the butt to start out, took me like 20 frickin minutes just to get the third rubber band on! Then it ends up looking like a football and I think "Well it looks like a football but I doubt it will bounce like one." Boy was I wrong.  I bounced it and it went in the other direction down the hall and I came running after it praying that no one would see me slacking off.  And I finally caught it then suddenly the president of the school that I work at, strolls out of his office. Again....Crap. So he asks "How are you?" Me out of breath and probably a little red in the face wheezed out "Fine." And I just left down the other hall yeah...whoops might be a good word for that (I hope he doesn't fire me). Well anyway I got back to my desk and it's 10 AM still no IT magician, I even tried starting my computer again to see if the IT guy did some mind trick from his office that would make my computer run. But no.  So I call them again, no answer.  I grab a bite to eat at the cafeteria down stairs come back and again, nothin.  Suddenly I notice I have to go to the bathroom! (yeah I wander all over work and suddenly having to leave to go to the bathroom freaks the heck out of me) Though when I got back from the bathroom guess who's call I missed.  Yup the magicians had called and I missed it.  Betcha didn't see that one coming huh? Well luckily I got back to them and they came up and started to mess around with my computer.  I even mentioned the red flashing light (Yeah I was worried about that thing).  The guy just looked at my monitor pushed the power button, nothing.  I'm thinking "So far so good I don't look like an idiot by not touching the power button" Then the dude unplugs it and replugs it and BAM! the monitor comes back on.  And my proud moment of not looking like an idiot was crushed like a bug on a rug.  So I ended up waiting for 3 and a half hours for a magician to plug and replug in my computer (yeah my two year old could have done that (which doesn't make me feel any better by the way)).  I still think that the little flashing red light is a warning that it's going to blow.  I'm actually leaning away from it while I'm typing this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment