Friday, June 20, 2014

Those "Funny" Heart Stopping Moments

We all have the basic fears: children and family in danger, getting hurt, ATM's coming to life and eating all of the chocolate bars, etc. But there are some fears that are pretty funny if you think about it. They are funny because they are not just fears, they are like make-your-butt-clench type fears. These fears make your heart stop for only a moment but have enough of an effect to have you think "OH MY GOSH!!! That was the scariest thing EVER!!!!"

1 - Meet the shopping cart complex. You hear a shopping cart behind you and it is not slowing down.


This look on your face.
Your butt just clenched didn't it?
2 - Dropping your cell phone.
This is actually a fear that I do not have at the current moment. I don't have to worry about this one because I have one of those old school phones that has a built in theft protection. I'll throw it at you if you steal something of mine...or if I just don't like you. You have been warned.


3 - That moment after you lock your front door and after it closes you realize that your keys are inside. Once you make that realization everything moves in slow motion, the door, your hand to stop the door, then BAM! Closed and locked!
Chris and I did this three times, but we were smart and we left our bedroom window unlocked. It didn't occur to us until after we were locked out that our bedroom window is on the second floor, and we do not have a ladder. Smart. That's how I first met my neighbors in my town home


4 - Missing a step on the stairs. It doesn't matter if you are going up or down them, either way you are dealing with a heart attack.

5 - We can't forget about that panic attack when someone knocks on your door and you are on the toilet. 
Oh that reminds me of a funny story of how I almost killed my husband. Here is how my house is laid out. The front door opens into a long hallway, and in this hallway is our half bath that is two feet from the front door.  I NEVER EVER use this bathroom in fear that someone is going to come to the door and hear me doing my business. Well one day I had to really go Number 2 and I could not make it up the stairs. Right in the middle of my business there was a knock at the door. CRAP!!! While I am sitting there sweating bullets, Chris (fully knowing I'm in this bathroom) answers the door. Then I hear this conversation: "Is Megan here?" I am praying Chris can hear me screaming in my head "NOOOO!!!! NNOOO!!!!! TELL THEM TO COME BACK LATER!!!!" But no, instead Chris says "Yes, she's in the bathroom right now. Come on in." This person is now a foot away from where I am still doing my business! After having a panic attack and now covered in sweat, I flush and come out of the bathroom followed by a wave of stench that I just created. Let me tell ya, that is the most awkward way to greet someone you barely know.

6 - You're alone in your house and while taking a shower you hear something. Yup you're gonna get murdered.
7 - That moment you're at the bottom of the stairs and you turn off all the lights to go to bed. That Boogeyman is going to get ya.

8 - When an officer is driving behind you.

THE END!!! (I couldn't figure out how to end this post and I'm too lazy to come up with something awesome, so I'm just going to say the end and pretend this isn't an awkward ending at all.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment