Monday, June 2, 2014

A 3 year old changes your adult life

I have decided that it does not matter how smart you are or what type of a degree you have because when ever you have a 3 year old, everything changes. Chris and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary (I know, I can't believe he stayed with me for 5 years either!! ;) ) We decided to go away for the weekend and it became very apparent to us how much a 3 year old has changed our lives.

First of all we were actually on time to things, in fact we were EARLY to our reservations by 30 minutes! There was less yelling to get out the door, and I didn't even need to bring a diaper bag or a purse!!!

We walked around Park City Main street and looked in all of the stores when I realized that I had developed Turrets syndrome because my head kept flinging backwards to look for my 3 year old, who wasn't there, and chide her for touching things. It was very unnerving that I was alone in a nice place and I did not need to worry about something breaking and having to pay 50 bucks for a purple glass duck.

The next day Chris and I decided to ride down the big Alpine slide in Park City. While we were walking towards the slide Chris and I saw a woman walking her big dog. When Chris, in a high pitch voice, shouts "PUPPY!!!" Just like he would to our 3 year old. I busted out laughing because the lady just starred at him looking rather confused.

Then later we were bored and wondering what else we should do, when Chris says "Do you want to check out this puppy app. on my phone that I got for Kiara?!" I said "Heck yes I do!" We played for a half hour with this phone app throwing a virtual Frisbee to the virtual puppy, when I suddenly turn to Chris and say "Hon, I think we need to do something adult." Then Chris says "Do you wanna go to a park?" and immediately I responded, in a high pitch enthusiastic voice, "OOooo!! YEAH A PARK!" I was really excited about the slide and the monkey bars :)

As the day wore off it, Chris and I were completely exhausted from our exciting and adventurous day. I turn to Chris and say "Oh my gosh it must be Midnight! I don't think we've ever stayed up this late in forever! What time is it?" Chris pulls out his phone and says "It's 8:30 PM."

Yeah these are pretty bad, but I think the most annoying thing is when you're in a rather romantic moment with your spouse and instead of kissing him you unconsciously lick your thumb and wipe a smudge off his face. Yup it's happened.  Or you lean in and you tap his nose like you do your three year old daughter. These things tend to ruin the moment, just sayin'.

It's crazy how much I have changed just for my 3 year old, and how much "adultness" (yes, I just made that a word) I have censored out of my life for her. Hmm...and I wonder why I don't have many adult friends... ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment