Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Excuses why I shouldn't run today

Ever had one of those days where you just don't want to run? You know, those days where you find every excuse in the book about why you shouldn't run.(I have these a lot)

I have come up with some of my excuses that have made or almost made me stop running (and yes, these are true excuses I have used):

1) It's cold, I mean come on there is still snow on the ground!

2) I just ate, shouldn't I wait two hours before I go running

3) It's too early (this is like 5 or 6 P.M. and anything before noon good luck waking me up.)

4) It's too late (this is about 9 P.M)

5) I can't find my right hand glove. If I don't have my glove I'll have a frozen hand and a crappy run.

6) My sock has a hole. I might get a blister.

7) Running....or...Plants vs. Zombies...hmmmm.....

8) I'm having a bad hair day. I can't have my neighbors see me like this!

9) I didn't shave my legs

10) I have REALLY bad gas.  If I run by someone I might be the cause of their death because I toxicated their air supply.

11) I'll get a sweat zit

12) My unders have been riding up ALL freaking day! I am not picking out a wedgie while running!

13) My inhaler is expired....Wow it expired in the year 2001, I might die by expired toxins! (oddly I'm still using it :) )

14) My shoes are untied and I really don't feel like bending down to tie them.

15) Well the Ragnar is in June....it's only April....I still have another month to procrastinate.

16) Is that a spot on my wall or a spider?!!! (literally spent a half hour staring at it because I was too afraid to move and didn't want to get up close to it)

17) This window hasn't been cleaned in like 4 years, maybe I should clean it

18) Chris made bacon (curse him! I actually wanted to run this time!)

19) I can't find my gray shorts! I could wear my black shorts but I really want my grey ones, I feel like they are lucky today, I have a good feeling about them.

20) My socks match (if you know me I haven't had matching socks since Jr. high because every time I have matching socks I have a bad day (I'm not superstitious or anything bad things just happen to me when I match :) ))

Although some of these excuses didn't keep me from running.  Like today, for instance: It was 37 degrees at 8:30 (Just before it was too late). I couldn't find my right hand glove, had a wedgie, a hole in my sock, and just ate ice cream.  Imagine an old woman hunching over, arms flaying around her butt, limping, and holding her right hand like it was on fire.  That is how I ran today (a couple of cars actually slowed down while passing me).  I came back with my shorts all the way up my hind end (FYI not a great idea on how to make short shorts shorter....wow say that three times fast), a frozen hand (and frozen legs, my grey shorts didn't give me luck by the way), a bigger hole in my sock, a nauseated stomach, and to top it off I ate a bug while running. That should be number 21. Yeah I knew I SHOULDN'T have gone running today.

21) I might eat another bug!

22) Also let's not forget about the monsters that come out after 7 pm (Bill Cosby! Love him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment