Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'm not a good test taker for some reason...













(Ignore the fact that the comics go outside of the blog box the sizes to pick from are stupid)

Yeah the religious thing doesn't work, I tried that already.  On a test I said  "God told me that this answer is not pertinent to my learning and that I'll never have to use this again." My teacher wrote back "God told me, to tell you, Guess again."
I should write back to my teacher and let him know that I was right. I never had to use the quadratic formula ever again.

Oh and answering "God" for all of the short answer questions, doesn't work either.

When I take those fill in the bubble tests I usually end up making designs (I get bored easily) This is how I passed my ACT's. Honestly a 4 hour long test for a teenager, what else do  you expect me to do?!
And if I don't know the answer I usually make up excuses like "I love Chris, and Chris begins with a C....so it must be C!" or "I feel like eating hmmm...Oh an Apple sounds great! hey Apple begins with A so it must be A!" I just did this on my stats test and I got a B out of the class. Which confirms this method totally works.

On essay questions I used to try to use "fancy" words to see if I could sound smart so the teacher wont know that I really don't know what I'm talking about. This is how I found out that Erotic does not mean Erratic.  It was an interesting essay. Needless to say, I now stick with words that I know the meaning of.

On the matching questions it's really fun to make actual words out of the letters the teacher gives you to choose from. One teacher caught this on my test and actually gave me an extra point for entertaining her.

It's great if you can get a teacher that you can joke with.  I had a math teacher who was my favorite and on the top of the test I wrote "I'm hoping that since I'm your favorite student and I'm amazing that you wont completely fail me on this test." He gave me an F+.  I have never received one of those before, but it made me feel better about myself.

Though I always hate the teachers who don't have a sense of humor.  Sometimes I'll throw in a joke or two next to the question and then say something like "I hope by making your day I got this question right ;)" Oddly, they usually end up liking me by the end of the semester.

Luckily now that I'm going into psychology all of my teachers have a sense of humor. Actually to be honest I've decided that in order to be a psychology teacher you have to have some sort of psychological disorder to qualify.  Almost all of them could qualify to be in the "loony bin", which makes my classes all the more fun :).  But when I try to make a smirky comment I usually get an response like this "You have applied the Jungian extrovert theory very well in your test."

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a bad test taker, teachers just don't make tests interesting enough to keep my attention span.





No comments:

Post a Comment