Monday, November 25, 2013

My Presentation!

Ok this is my post from Facebook back from September (I figured this might help explain why I had to do this presentation): "URGH!!! I have a cookoo teacher who fell off the fruit loop tree and she's driving me nuts! This is a research class and we have a final project where we turn in a proposal for our research question but apparently that's NOT our project. Apparently our project is to find our innerselves and things we found out about ourselves while doing this research proposal. THAT"S our "project" that we have to present in class. Our goal is to "find" ourselves. I want to have fun with this and suddenly find out that I'm a schizophrenic mass murder who kills innocent trees and flowers and I have to do this or Godzilla will eat me because my "friend" tells me so. I think I could do a pretty good "presentation" on that."

I apparently have a lot of issues with this teacher. I'm not going to lie she is a very nice and interesting person, but we do not see eye to eye on her teaching methods...you'll see this in a later post after my official grade comes out ;) 

Well today was presentation day. Unfortunately, I did not do the schizophrenic mass murderer thing because apparently this project was worth 150 points of my grade. But I had to relate it to my research question that Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder can co-exist (most researchers say they can't). I had to explain my bias on this project, and as most of you know I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I have some symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. Yay me! My life rocks!!!  If you know anything about borderline personality disorder the symptoms are: reoccurring suicidal ideation, suicide attempts and self harm, fear of abandonment, past abuse, depression, etc. Exciting huh? At first I thought I could just read some things out of my journal but then I realized that I didn't want to traumatize these people, besides I still have to see them again next week.  So I was sitting in class talking to some of my classmates (I don't remember what about) when suddenly it hit me! I slapped my desk and stood up in the middle of class and absentmindedly shouted "I'VE GOT IT! I KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO!"  Then I ran out of the class and got a drink.  I honestly didn't realize what I just did until I came back to class and everyone was very confused. The girl behind me asked "What just happened?" and I said "Oh I now know what I'm going to do for my presentation." I apparently created a concerning scene. On deciding what I should do for this project I thought why not sketch out my life on a flip chart? (Ok Chris was the one who drew the things but I traced them!) 
If you guys want to know what goes on in my head during these episodes you can click here and it will take you to my other blog post :) 
Here is my final presentation:


Chris wanted foam coming out of my mouth on the manic episode, but it looked like I was puking my guts out.

This is how far I think I can jump off a swing set depending on my mood

Actual comments from previous teachers

My ability to draw plateaus over time.

Tribute to Demetri Martin, and if I say so myself, my mountains are awesome!

This is why I was in the Loony bin. If you want to know how I survived the Loony bin click here

If you can't tell, I'm the one in the balloon. Chris is the one dangling. ;)

Yeah Siamese twins trumps all!
Needless to say I think I got an "A"! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment