Friday, July 26, 2013

I was bored!!

When I get bored some of the tiniest things entertain me and when I get bored I also tend to do stupid things.

Today I was sitting in the bathroom when I noticed on the toilet paper canister it had the name Waxie with a bee for it's logo. I HAD to call and know why they were called that! (Don't worry I didn't call while I was in the bathroom). So I called the 1-800 number and not even a half a ring into it a very lovely lady answered here is our conversation:

Me: Wow you answered that fast!!!
Toilet paper rep lady: Umm..Thank you (she has a smile in her voice, I loved it)
Me: So I'm really bored and was wondering why do you call your company Waxie?
Toilet paper rep lady: It's our owners name so we named it Waxie.
Me: Oh!! That makes so much sense! But why do you use a bee for the logo?
Toilet paper rep lady: *she sounds like this is her first time being asked this question* Uh..Because it goes with our product and name
Me: Wait. Do you guys use Bees in your products?!
Toilet paper rep lady: No no it's just our logo, it goes with Waxie
Me: Oh Okay I guess that makes sense. So just to verify, you don't use bees.
Toilet paper rep lady: No.  No we don't. *she's laughing when she says this*
Me: Well that's all I wanted to know! Thank you so much!!
Toilet paper rep lady: *laughs* Ok then, have a good day.
Me: You too!!!

Oddly that toilet paper rep lady made my day. She was very happy!

Here's another thing that I did while bored earlier this week:

The other day my parents, who were watching my little girl, were gone so I had to wait around their house until they came back. Well after a while I got really bored and that's when I remembered a story of when my dad was first building the house, he was on the roof and it was so steep he started to slide down it while he was standing up. I have lived in this house for half my life and I've never been on the roof so I HAD to give this a try! Of course I was too lazy to get a ladder (those things are way too heavy), so I just climbed out of the second story window at the back of the house where there is a tiny half roof thing, that would allow me to climb onto the big roof. It was 2 in the afternoon in 101 degree weather. No joke the shingles were literally smoking, and I did not have shoes on. Some people would take these as signs to go back inside the house, not me, obviously I take these signs meaning as though the house just has a smoking addiction. No big. So I step on the half roof that was burning hot (also the half roof is partly in the shade where as the big roof is not) so I immediately think "If I get on the big roof it wont be as hot." (Did I also mention when I get bored, my intelligence gets lower causing a short term dose of stupidity?) So I take the 2 1/2 foot leap and jumped on the big roof. Not only did I burn my hands, knees, and feet, I started sliding down toward the rain gutter and didn't have anything to hold on to! I wish I could say that my first thought was "AHHH!!! I'M GOING TO DIE, I'M GOING TO DIE!!!" But no. No joke my first thought was "I bet if I put bacon on here it would fry up while rolling down and I can try to catch it in my mouth while I'm on the ground!" Then my second thought was "Hey Wait! What?! I'm moving involuntarily!!!" Luckily I was smart enough to finally get down and crawl back in through the window. After going through that experience I think "Hmm...Maybe if I go through the window at the front of the house it will be better." Right when I had my leg about to swing over the window sill at the front of the house, I hear my little sister from behind "What are you doing?" "Uhhhhh....Nothing....?"
***Oh I forgot that my parents don't know about this, and now that I think of it, neither does Chris. So let's keep this on the down low ok...:)***

I can't stand it when I'm bored. I HAVE to do SOMETHING or I go insane! And the more bored I get the stupider I become, but it's totally worth....sometimes ;).



2 comments:

  1. megan I'm going to check my roof and see if you have caused any damage then I will decide upon your proper punishment

    love dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oops I forgot to put the warning at the beginning for you to skip the last paragraph ;)

    ReplyDelete