Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ever been in a meeting and have this happen?

I'm sitting in a room with 5 people taking notes on a meeting when I suddenly drift off thinking:

"Should I open my can of coke now or should I wait until tomorrow? I already had a can today, but this meeting is taking forever! Ooooo! I should get me another plate of food! Though...I already had 4 plates, everyone might think I'm a pig if I get one more. I know! I'll use a small plate! Looks can be deceiving, it'll look like I don't have that much. Ugh. I'm so tired! What are they even saying? Am I supposed to be paying attention? I know I'm supposed to be taking notes...Oh crap! I'm supposed to be taking notes!!!"
Boss:"Megan...Megan...Megan!!!"
Me: My head snaps up. "Huh?"
Boss: "I asked you, what do you think?"
Me: "Uh...well...I'm still thinking about it. I'm more interested in what you think about it." (yay for quick thinking!)
Boss: "I just told you what I thought about it"
Me: (stupid quick thinking) "Oh yeah!...?...Umm...I agree with your opinions."
Boss: "Great! Put it on my desk tomorrow morning."
Me: (OH $#*%)! I mean "...uh...sure."

Meeting continues...
5 minutes later...

Me: "Wow not a cloud in the sky! Wow I didn't know our blinds had a black shear thing over them! I was thinking "For such a blue sky it sure is dark" And now I know there is a screen there! Wow that explains a lot! Oh my gosh is that a bump on the back of my head?! *Gasp!!* Must be a tumor, I'm going to die!...Oh it was just a lump of hair. Ha ha wow I feel special, whoops! Glad no one was here to witness that bit. That would make a great blog post! The time I almost died!!!"

*Some one in the meeting says "Poop"....Of course my head snaps up...everyone laughs...They start talking again and I go back to thinking "Oh yeah death and blog!"

Me: "This blog is going to awesome! Hey I know! I can write my blog on the paper and make it look like I'm taking notes!"

30 minutes later...

Boss: "Megan...Megan!"
Me: Head snaps up "Yes, boss?"
Boss: "We've stopped talking, what are you taking notes on?"

DUN. DUN. DOOONNEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment