Monday, June 10, 2013

I can "fix" it!!!

I have to express my frustration towards my car DVD player (dumb thing).  We have a little bit of a hate, hate relationship. But it apparently loves Chris.

I don't know where I would be without my husband.  Well...I'd probably still be in Utah, or a bum in the Caribbeans, or I'd try to see if there really are south pole elves (I already know there are north pole elves), also while I'm down there I would totally build the biggest snow fort ever and scribble markings on the inside so I can freak out the scientists and make them believe that aliens just landed there and are trying to communicate with us. Other than that I don't know what I'd do without Chris :).
I can do handy work like paint a house, remodel a closet, hang a picture (oddly that one's the hardest for me) but I can't do anything that involves technology. Unfortunately, I have a distorted belief that I can fix technological things.
Let me give you a perfect example of how technologically retarded I am, I'll actually use an example from this very second! I am on my computer right now and am frustrated as heck because I can't figure out how to change my internet home page from this stupid AVG.com to Google.com (cause Google ROCKS!!!).  Oh! Actually you can also refer to my other post The big rectangle thing and the little rectangle thing. That'll help you understand a little bit more of my specialness.
So because of this disillusion, I decide to take it upon myself to "fix" our DVD player in our car.  I was awesome! I did all of the research needed, studied it out, and got all of the tools prepared to doctor it up.  I took out the DVD player, and that's where it all went wrong.
This is my thought process after I take it out:

"What the....?! The youtube video didn't say anything about multiple wires!"

"None of these wires are marked!!!"

"It's ok, I'll just stick this black wire in this hole, and this other black wire in this hole, and I think the yellow
wire goes into the yellow hole, and voila!" Nope.

"OK let's rearrange the wires! This black wire goes in this hole, this other black wire goes in this hole...wait a minute, isn't that the same black wire I stuck in here last time? What happened to the yellow wire! Where the heck did this square plug come from?!!!!"

"Stupid..*grunt*.... son of a....*double grunt*... I really hate you...*rawr!!!*... curse you, if you don't work I'm gonna make you wish you did!...OUCH!!!! YOU STUPID LITTLE FRICKEN, INANIMATE OBJECT I'M GOING TO THROW YOU ACROSS THE GARAGE!!!!"

***an hour and a half later***

I finally hit the stupid thing, and shout in a very threatening voice "FINE I HATE YOU ANYWAY!!! I'LL LET CHRIS HANDLE YOU!!!"
I said a few other special words but I can't write them on here because my mom reads my blog.

I totally thought I broke it, but I didn't care, it deserved to die anyway.

So Chris comes home from a long day at work and finds the inside of the car a mess and completely taken apart. He just sighs and says "I'll fix it tomorrow."

Tomorrow comes and Chris fixes the friggin' thing in 10 minutes. Not gonna lie I hate him a little bit, because here I was for what felt like 10 hours  and he comes in and works on it for 10 minutes and saves the day. Yeah I totally whispered to the DVD player "Just you wait, when Chris isn't looking, you're all mine." But I have to admit I am so GRATEFUL for Christopher! Oh and he fixed my internet home page to Google!!!

I think Chris's soul dies a little when ever something goes out like our blue-ray player, computer, TV, etc., because I always say "OOOOoooooooo!!!!! I can fix it!!!" It's only a few wires to move, how hard can it be? And yet Every time Chris still ends up cleaning up my mess, which is now a bigger mess because of me. But don't worry this doesn't discourage me from trying to fix more things! You get better with practice right?...Is it still practice when you're completely oblivious to what you are doing?...

1 comment: