Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Idiot Customer Service Banker (She represents my bank really well)

So my day has been awesome. A check for tithing was supposed to be written for $93.00 was accidentally written for $930.00 and was cashed. Whoops! I think that's a little bit of a difference, don't you?  Apparently we're putting a deposit down for that celestial room in heaven.  So I had to call the bank and review my account with them and this is how my conversation started (FYI there is no exaggeration here I promise):

Banker: Hello
Me: Hello
Banker:........(silence)..............1 minute.........1.5 minutes............2 minutes...........
Me: Ummm....are you still there?
Banker: What is your name?
Me: Megan Lewis Svedin. I need to let you know that my credit card is still under my maiden name Megan Lewis but my bank account has my married name Megan Lewis Svedin. I just haven't changed the name on my card yet. (I really haven't found the time to do this in the 4 years I've been married. ;) ) I'm calling because we accidentally wrote out a check for the wrong amount and it went to our over draft into our credit card balance and I was wondering if I could get the fee waived.
Banker:...........(Silence).............3 minutes...........4 minutes.............
Me: Hello?
Banker: What is your maiden name?
Me: Lewis.
Banker: So.......what is your Maiden Name?
Me: Lewis.
Banker:....No that's not what we have on the account, what is your Maiden Name?
Me: Lewis.
Banker: We have a different name for you here on the account.
Me: I know, it's because my account is under my married name Svedin but my card is under my maiden name Lewis.
Banker: So, What's your maiden name?
Me: Lewis.
Banker: We have your account under a different name.
Me: Is it under Svedin?
Banker: Yes
Me: Yes, that is my married name
Banker: So, What's your maiden name?
Me: Lewis.
Banker: But your account is under a different name.
Me: Yes, I know. My name was Megan Lewis but then I got married and it changed to Megan Lewis Svedin.  The name on my credit card was never changed so it is still under the name Megan Lewis but I changed the name on my account to my married name to Megan Lewis Svedin.
Banker: Is your last name Svedin?
Me: Yes
Banker:......I am very confused....What is your maiden name?
Me: Is there someone else I can talk to?

The banker puts me on hold I wait for about 5 minutes then I hang up.

I call back got someone competent:
New banker: What is your name?
Me: Megan Lewis Svedin. I need to let you know that my credit card is still under my maiden name Megan Lewis but my bank account has my married name Megan Lewis Svedin. I just haven't changed the name on my card yet
New Banker: Oh that's fine, let me look at your account. What can I help you with?
Me: We accidentally wrote out a check for the wrong amount and it went to our over draft into our credit card balance and I was wondering if I could get the fee waived because we're idiots.
New Banker: *laughing* That's ok we can waive it. One moment.
Me: *with delight* Oh Thank you so much!!!
New Banker: oops. Looks like the fee hasn't been posted yet and I can't do anything about it without it being posted. You will have to call back in a couple of days when goes through ant it's posted.
Me: *Hung up*


This was all just to see if they can waive the $12.50 over draft fee. I think I'd rather pay the fee than call them back.



1 comment:

  1. OMG! Is your bank Chase? or Wells Fargo? Those freakin' idiots are gems!

    ReplyDelete