Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm a Creative Bacooker!!!

I never knew butter could explode like that!!! I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and with 6 seconds left to go BOOM!!! As I'm cleaning up the buttery mess I'm thinking "Wow this is a metaphor of my cooking, and baking!" (I still don't know what the difference is between cooking and baking, you're still making something out of something. I should call it bacooking yeah that sounds better than coobaking.) My grandma (who is an amazing bacooker!) literally rolls over in her grave every time I bacook.

I like to think of myself as a "creative" cook.  When something goes wrong, I fix it. If I don't have the ingredient, I don't run to the store, I just grab something that looks like the ingredient and put it in.  See creative! **FYI if you're making chocolate fudge ice cream topping and it says use "Evaporated Milk" Don't use "Sweetened Condensed Milk". The fudge will become a brown alien that will eat out your insides and cause you to wish you were dead.**

See this butter that exploded was supposed to be melted butter for my Cheesecake out of a box dessert. Ever tried that Jello no bake stuff it's AMAZING!!! I've made this like 5 or 6 times already so I should be a professional. Nope. Today as I was making my no bake cheesecake from a box and I apparently miss-read the directions and instead of mixing in 2 Tablespoons of sugar I put in 2 Cups of sugar.
Ok I can fix this.
The graham crackers and sugar are mixed together, I'll just grab a strainer and strain out the sugar....Did not think about the fact that the graham cracker grains are the same size as the sugar grains. Everything went through the strainer.
Ok I can still fix this.
It says to add 5 Tablespoons of butter, since there is more sugar and it's now a bigger batch, let's add in 8 Tablespoons of butter!
Crap, too much butter.
No big I'll just add in a little bit of sugar and dry it up. Ok I might have a "little" too much crust....The crust is level with the top of the pie pan. Do I take out half of the crust and throw it away? Nope! I'm not gonna waste all of that time and money and throw it in the garbage! I'm going to become "creative" again and make a masterpiece! I made my cheese cake into a cheese pie!

I tried to cut in "I'm awesome" but it didn't turn out so good
so  I wrote "I Rock" With Tooth picks :) 
OK it's still a cheese cake but it now has crust on the top and bottom! It's like buried treasure! Where is the cheese part? Oh my gosh it's in the middle! Yay, you found the buried treasure!!! Then miniature fireworks would explode and tiny streamers will shoot out of the cheese pie/cake.

Most of my bacooking ends up like this. This is why I'm always assigned to bring the bagged salad to the parties :)


**Update**
This was so delicious!!! I think I got diabetes with the first bite! Chris and I have already eaten half the pie/cake. Who knew that 3 cups of sugar and a stick of butter could taste so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment