Saturday, March 21, 2015

DIY Gods Hate Me, and I Need a Life

Ugh! Okay I call BS on the next Do It Yourself thing that pops up on Facebook or Pinterest because apparently the DIY Gods hate me.

First it was the baking soda with Hydrogen peroxide on the pan. Ya'll know that one right?

I made the paste, I waited an hour and nothing. So I did it again and waited all night. Nothing. So I left it for the entire next day and nothing. 48 freaking hours later and still nothing. I took the paste and I scrubbed and scrubbed and again nothing. I gave up and decided it would be best to spend the 10 bucks and get a new pan.

Ya'll know the Rapunzel hair fabric softener thing that has been popping up all around Facebook right?


B freaking S.

I spent 3 hours, yes, 3 hours on that Rapunzel fabric softener hair thing. Did it work? Of course not, because the DIY Gods hate me.

I followed the instructions and did 2 Table spoons of fabric softener and the rest water. Nothing. Then I looked up on the internet and found that I had to do 50-50 fabric softener and water and spray Rapunzel until it was soaked. Okay easy enough. Did it work? Nope.

I brushed and nothing. I brushed and nothing. I brushed again and nothing.

Finally I did what I had to do.


Okay so I didn't burn the sucker, but it was a great idea.

I grabbed a huge pot, filled half with water and half with fabric softener and let Rapunzel just sit there and soak leaving her to think about what she was doing to me. After about 30 minutes I got her out and started brushing her hair again. Did it work? You guessed it, nope! No freaking no!I brushed and brushed and brushed and nearly pulled out half of her hair and nothing.

The gloves are off. Time to get my chemistry set!
Chemistry, witchcraft.....same thing right?

I put Rapunzel back in the Softener bath and grabbed my Downy wrinkle free solution, Kiara's Suave De-tangler bottle, the blow dryer and the iron. Just to make certain I was thorough, I sprayed that doll for about 15 minutes. I brushed her hair for about another 15 minutes then sprayed for another 15 minutes and brushed again. FINALLY half of her hair was smooth. So after an hour of this I finally got her hair completely smooth. But then I realized another problem. Her hair was still super curly and curly hair means it will get tangled again the second I let Kiara play with it and all this work would be thrown down the drain. Sooooo....I decided to straighten it. After I dried the hair I decided to iron it. Well....apparently Rapunzel's hair is plastic, and plastic and a hot iron do not mix. Luckily it wasn't too bad, I just told Kiara Rapunzel now has split ends :) See easy fix.
And now look at the beautifulness!!!

Yes Jake, yes it is.
Granted the hair is so oily that if there was a flame within 50 yards of it, it would burn faster than dry grass in July. But it worked!! :) My life is now complete.

Just so you know this entire post was just to let you know that I need a life. I spent 3 hours brushing a doll's hair. Three hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment